Thursday, November 12, 2009

Last Dance At Albion ... with Special Guest, Aoife!!



My birthday is coming up Sunday, but I already got an early gift! Aoife is in town! I picked her up from the airport on Tuesday, and we gabbed about girl stuff with some pink drinks until it was time for bed.



Wednesday morning we decided to celebrate our freedom by rolling up to Albion for what I am sure must be some of the last mtb-ing of the season. Started with a green smoothie featuring melon, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, kale and spinach, packed up the minivan and then it was off to Jeff's place.



Jeff is the only other person I know that's as tall as Aoife so it was very fortunate that he was willing to lend her his beautiful can't-get-em-anymore Santa Cruz Blur 4X. As he promised, it climbs great and just looooves the downhills. Huge thanks to Jeff!



After 2 minutes of silence, we set about basking in the glorious weather and miles and miles of trails that we had all to ourselves. It didn't take long for both of us to reach a zen-like state. I think it's called bliss.



On an occasion like Remembrance Day, or even a birthday, it's a good idea to look back and take stock; to remember the ones who've had a positive impact on your life, even if you've never met them.



It strikes me that I am very lucky. My health has returned and I am stoked to get started on 2010 (training is now underway!). I've got great friends and a loving and supportive family. I spend most of my time with an attractive young man who makes me want to write schmoopy things (but I'll spare you). I have a rewarding career and work with colleagues I'm lucky to also consider as friends. And by accident of birth, I'm Canadian. And that's no small thing.



Life's pretty good.



Here are some photos from our day ...





Kissy-face cornering. Check out Albion's Fall wardrobe!

Aoife climbing one of Albion's Hills.

Zen at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment