Friday, July 23, 2010

Uncle!

After four days of discomfort at best, and delerium at worst I was able to return to real life. Which unfortunately, spent about as much time waiting for me as Alberto Contador. When I got back, things had piled up almost as high as the Tourmalet.

I guess there's never a convenient time to be sick, but this time it seemed extra intrusive. I have about a million files on the go at work right now. There are speeches to write, progress reports to create, web copy to edit, commercials to get into production, focus groups to attend and on and on and on. I don't know how I'll have time for anything else. Which is unfortunate because there's still a couple races left on the schedule.

Speaking of which, I wasn't sure how I ought to handle getting back in the saddle, so I hit up coach Steve Neal in the twittersphere. His advice was to multiply the number of days I was sick by 1.5 (so 4 days, times 1.5 = 6 days) and ride no more than 90 minutes endurance for each of those days. Then I'll be ready to layer on regular speed work and such once more.

However, Kelso has become kind of a question mark for me. We'll see how it goes. I do love to race Kelso ... but that is one big hill. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment