Thursday, August 21, 2014

California Ice Bucket Challenge!



Thanks to our good friend Myrosha, Gerhard and I got to get involved with the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. I have been really enjoying these videos, and the outpouring of support they represent, so I wasn't too upset to have my number called.

Especially because one of the neatest people I've ever met has been battling ALS for many years. He was once a fur-trader for the Hudson's Bay Company -- hence my choice in bucket -- and his stories are treasures. ALS is a terrible thing and it's time to put an end to it.

I wanted to do my challenge in a drought-friendly way. So here is my seawater version. Fun fact: Seawater doesn't freeze until it reaches -2*C, so although this water was not solid, I assure you it was COLD.

We also donated, of course, and you can do the same at alsa.org, or als.ca in Canada. Thanks to Gerhard for filming/editing our addition to the #icebucketchallenge phenomenon.


No comments:

Post a Comment