Sunday, June 22, 2014

BC Bike Race By The Numbers

Just sitting here working on clearing the decks of work so I can focus on BC Bike Race and got distracted by ... you guessed it ... BC Bike Race.

The latest newsletter let us racers know that the daily handbooks are now available online. Since I am a total glutton for all things organizational (just ask "Team Kris" about the ten Detailed Itineraries they received a couple weeks ago ... thank you Premier's Office advance for teaching me about those), I could hardly wait to open each one and scour them for info about the event. Day Zero has a little "by the numbers" I thought I would share -- kind of interesting. Check it out:


For my American friends, 10,000m of climbing is 32,808' and 310km is 193 miles. 600 participants is still 600 participants ;) and I think we all understand what 75% singletrack means!! Holy Hannah! 

A lot of friends and teammates have told me that the BC Bike Race is a bucket-list item for them too, so make sure if you were one of those people, you note the Early Bird pricing sell-out times -- I wish I had been that organized, haha. But if you are, you could save up to $1,000 off your entry fee if I'm not mistaken. Registration opens for 2015 on July 7 at 10pm and this is probably a link you'll want to bookmark: http://www.bcbikerace.com/registration 

I can hardly believe it but one week from right now, this is what I'll be doing! 



Okay! Back to work :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment