Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Me And Lance Ride A Trek


This is Lance Armstrong's Trek Top Fuel 9.8 that he raced in "12 Hours of Snowmass" this past September.


This is my new ride. Same frame as Lance! Good enough for The Boss, good enough for me.






It's the most wonderful time of the year!! New Bike Day has finally arrived. I'm really excited, but alas!! It's February and I haven't even had my leg over it yet. You can see it hanging in the shop window at Sweet Pete's, the best bike shop in the universe. Can't thank these guys enough! I'll be blogging about this beauty again once I make the changes I want and have something to say about how it rides. But for now, she's a brand-spanking-new, sparkling example of mountain-bike perfection and I'm so friggin stoked.



In a lot of ways, this bike is a first for me.


- First full carbon frame I've ever had. Until now, I never really thought I was worthy. But ladies and gentlemen, I have arrived!


- First time I've ever had lock-out available on the handlebars!! How trick is that? It'll be great for training rides but I have never made use of lockout in a race before. In my experience, I get to the bottom of a hill and reach down for the off-switch and motor up. By the time I get to the top, I'm in complete oxygen debt, my vision is spotty at best and I don't realize I've forgotten to release the suspension until I'm halfway over the bars. BUT!! with the lockout switch on the handlebar instead of the crown, maybe I'm a changed woman!


- First time I've tried a "woman specific design" although I've been over the geometry charts and I can't see any difference besides my bike is rockin a pretty sweet paint job that a dude probably wouldn't appreciate

- First time using a RockShox Sid ... or any Rockshox since my first Judy, back in the day

- First time I've opted for Shimano SPDs. They were a little cheaper, a little lighter and they match the full XT Drivetrain on ...

- my first Trek!



Here are the full specs:

Frameset
Size: 17.5
Frame: OCLV Red Carbon w/ABP Race, Full Floater, magnesium EVO Link, oversized bearings, 100mm rear wheel travel


Front Suspension
RockShox SID Race w/remote Pop Loc lever, dual air, Motion Control, rebound, alloy steerer, 100mm


Rear Suspension
Fox Float RP23, custom "race tuned" w/3-position Pro Pedal, rebound; 6.5x1.5"


Wheels
Wheels: Bontrager Race X Lite Disc wheel system, centerlock, tubeless ready
Tires: Bontrager Jones XR w/Kevlar bead, 26x2.25/2.2"; 127 tpi


Drivetrain
Shifters: Shimano Deore XT
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT, high mount
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT "Shadow"
Crank: Shimano Deore XT 44/32/22
Cassette: SRAM PG970 11-32, 9 speed
Pedals: Shimano Deore XT


Components
Saddle: Bontrager Race Lite FIT w/hollow stainless steel rails
Seat Post: Bontrager XXX Lite mast system
Handlebars: Bontrager Race X Lite, carbon, 0mm rise, 31.8mm, 620mm width
Stem: Bontrager Race X Lite, 7 degree, 31.8mm
Headset: Trek Mountain Integrated System w/sealed bearings
Brakeset: Shimano Deore XT Ti, hydraulic disc, custom Ti; 160mm rotors (Trek exclusive)



MSRP: CAD 4,899.99

No comments:

Post a Comment