Tuesday, July 15, 2014

High Five!


Fracture across the base of Metacarpal II - my bones!
Two weeks ago today was the crash, so that's about time for a [short] update!

Good news!

1) The scaphoid survived! So I got to bust out of the cast and cut down my recovery time
2) I am now up to typing with seven fingers
3) It's "just a little break" so healing should be uncomplicated
4) Gerhard is getting really good at pony tails
5) As of today, I seem to have made it to a world without constant pain

Why I'm still bummed: 

1) Reflexes are the devil: dropped (and caught) a bottle the other day and almost cried bloody murder
2) My braking/shifting/hanging-on digits are still out of commission ... so no racing or riding in sight (unless it's on the trainer)
3) I can only type with seven fingers

Final Score: 5-3 for keeping positive! 



No comments:

Post a Comment