Thursday, March 19, 2015

Something is New at GU!

This morning an exciting email arrived in my inbox! GU Energy, the sports nutrition company I'm proud to be working with this season, has officially launched their brand new look and a website that is simply gorgeous: modern, functional, dynamic. That means that the communications/writer side of me is just as excited to be part of the #GUCrew as the rider part of me! Happy Day!

Gonna need a bigger treat jar!



My sneak preview logo cap, at #24HOP
As an athlete with allergies, you could say GU came to my rescue. Many gels and potions used to help fuel training and recovery contain ingredients that cause me to break out in hives, inflammation and upset tummy. When I was introduced to GU, I felt like a weight was lifted. Not only does a Salted Caramel gel bring a smile to my face through even the darkest of struggles, it works for me, and I can almost feel the energy come coursing through my veins, or imagine the video game version of myself's "health bar" fill up.

I'm super grateful for the support of GU this season as I chase down some big goals, like the BC Bike Race, and for all the training along the way. My favs: Salted Caramel (duh), Caramel Macchiato (we have a theme!) and if you haven't tried the root beer, get on it! When I get home, Chocolate Recovery Drink Mix has been a god-send, especially since I'm always trying to pack so much into a day--it's grab-and-go goodness.

So yes, gone is the old GU "splat," and we're saying a warm hello to the new, bold, "building block" hex. It's lined in three colors, representing the three needs athletes have for nutrition: hydration, energy, and recovery--the GU Nutrition Matrix.You'll see me (and others ... and you!) using the tag #GUForIt because no matter what you're doing to chase down your dreams, live your passion, or reach for your goals, there's a GU for it. And it's delicious.

New packaging shows key info clearly
The re-brand is much more than a new logo. New packaging includes ultra-clear communications (my favorite) so you can see immediately which key ingredients are in each just from the front panel (e.g. amount of caffeine, or sodium). GUs are now vegan!! And they are still gluten-free, which is one of the many reasons I'm happy to be part of this awesome group. Bonus: The packaging has moved to more sustainable materials, such as recycled cartons, and they're using the Terracycle packet recycling program.

GU is all about assisting, educating, and inspiring people to reach their highest athletic potential. And starting today, they're taking their next steps into an bold/beautiful future for the brand that as an athlete and communicator I find equally exciting.

Check out this video that does a way better job of explaining what they're all about ... and that might just inspire you in your chosen activity today!

 
 


GU Anthem from GU Energy Labs on Vimeo.


About GU
In 1993 GU was born as a solution to the real challenges faced by Laura Vaughan who needed easy to digest and compact energy for ultra endurance training and racing. Over twenty some years, it has grown into an energy gel and performance nutrition leader that truly cares about its community of athletes and its impact on the planet. At the dawn of 2015, it aims to be known for its passionate commitment to sport, as leaders in all forms of performance nutrition, as well as the source for nutrition planning and training expertise. Its bold new logo, clarified product naming and creative look and feel is engineered to express more fully who they are today, who they aim to be tomorrow and allow athletes to easily combine their products into superior nutrition plans. 

Follow GU
#GUCrew, #GUForIt, #SaltedCaramel

No comments:

Post a Comment