Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Olympic Update: Opening Ceremonies, Sneak Preview


My sister is a snoop, and can't wait to exchange gifts no matter what the occasion. The suspense just doesn't sit well with her. At Christmas time, when we were little she not only handled her own snooping but did some on my behalf as well. I know she meant well telling me what would be under the tree, but really it just kind of took the wind out of Christmas morning.

Which is why I'm not going to tell you what I saw tonight at BC Place.

Plus, the CEO of VANOC, Premier of BC, Mayor of Vancouver (and that Stephen Harper guy) all asked us not to, so I don't want to ruin the surprise.

All I'll say is make sure you tune in on Friday. The Opening Ceremonies begin around 5 if I'm not mistaken and there's plenty to bring the wows. Great Canadian acts, amazing costumes and effects and really tear-jerking moments. You won't be disappointed, and you'll be glad I didn't tell you.

Just to back up, the opportunity to see the Dress Rehearsal of the Opening Ceremonies was presented to each of the volunteers so I came out early enough to get in on the action. It was a cool vibe being in the stadium with a crowd full of my new best friends, blue coats and all.

I'm definitely in the Olympic Spirit now. It's going to be a wild ride!

Are our tickets trying to tell us something?



Jackie and I sneak a photo from our wicked seats

1 comment:

  1. Just a note to clarify: All times mentioned are Pacific! so add three hours in Ontario :)

    ReplyDelete